Robert Naumann

Robert Naumann

sometimes providing general help in the form of small patches regarding translation, resources and stubbing missing functionality. Also helps out with PR related things.

Ever since the IGG campaign was over, working on the ReactOS Community Edition has been one of our main priorities. Today we make another promising step towards achieving that goal.

Thursday, 10 September 2015 04:09

Bugfixes: We now target Win2K3 SP2 compatibility

Hello Community,

We are proud to announce, that we finally changed our target from 2K3SP1 to 2K3SP2, which will gain a big amount of software compatibility.

Wednesday, 10 September 2014 13:52

Design: How to create ReactOS compatible icons

Hello everybody

After my last blogpost I didn't achieve much to tell you about. I 'Faenzanized' some control panel applets and the comctl32.dll and wordpad toolbar bitmaps. All apps which make use of the default toolbars should have faenza icons now.

After that my HDD died and I wasn't able to continue my work.

Sadly I have to tell you that I will be unavailable for work reasons for at least 3 months. What I'll do in this post is to tell you how I created the icons. Of course there are more elegant and maybe easier ways to do it but this is the way that worked for me without breaking ReactOS.

So let's stop talking and get to it.

Friday, 08 August 2014 12:09

Introduction and Artwork

Hello everybody and welcome to my first blog post.

For everyone who doesn’t know me I’ll first introduce myself.

My name is Robert Naumann and I’m part of the community since late 2006.

At first I just took a look from time to time, checked every new release to see how progress was going on. Later I started to perform some tests, created bugreports, retesting some existing bugs and finally (let it be two or three years ago or so) offered my first own patch. Nothing big, only a resizement of a label element in a resource file, IIRC.

Now I’m more or less part of the Community Edition team, which was a bit accidental.

PR related it happened the following: