Jared Smudde

Jared Smudde

Tuesday, 19 April 2016 17:39

A Year's Progress: NTFS

NTFS is Microsoft's proprietary file system for Windows. It has been the default file system on Windows for over twenty years. As such, its support is vital for interoperability with the drives that have all your data on them.

Monday, 21 March 2016 16:33

A Year's Progress: EXT2/3/4

That's right! Support for the ext family of file systems that are used on Linux. ReactOS plans to go beyond Microsoft and add native support for these file systems. In this update, we will be covering EXT2/3/4 support in ReactOS!

Wednesday, 09 December 2015 12:34

A Year's Progress: NTVDM (Part 2)

In A Year's Progress: NTVDM (Part 1) we talked about what NTVDM stood for and the earliest version of NTVDM that as woefully underdeveloped. In this part we will cover the new NTVDM written by [TheFlash].

Tuesday, 01 December 2015 18:11

A Year's Progress: NTVDM (Part 1)

Hi everyone, this is another update in the "A Year's Progress" series where we’ll cover one of the biggest achievements in the making of ReactOS 0.4 the past year: NTVDM.

Therefore, we would like to present it to you along with an overview about the work that has been done to get it where it is now. Due to the 2500 characters limit of Indiegogo updates, we split this update into two parts.

For those who don't know what NTVDM stands for yet, let's start with some basics:

We are pleased to announce that Pythonn 2.7.10 works in ReactOS! Enjoy some screenshots.
Python (command line)!
Running an MD5 decoder!

Feel free to test it yourselves! You can download download the installer and try it yourself.
As we work on the 3 top most voted apps, other apps gets fixed! Fixing one bug can lead to many more apps working!

Stay tuned for more app updates!
Friday, 04 September 2015 21:37

Brief Introduction and My Work

Hello world! Welcome to my first blog post! Many of you know who I am. And for those who don't, I'm Jared Smudde. I joined ReactOS in April of 2014 and lurked around in the forum and on IRC. I eventually started work on the icons in ReactOS as many of you have seen. In June of 2015, I joined the CE team.

I first started out by converting ntobjshex to use the Faenza icon theme. After that, I went to regedit.
The Registry Editor!
After that, I worked on deskadp and netid.
Monitor Properties!
Later, I went and worked on the Control Panel applets. Soon after that, I went through Device Manager, setupapi and battery and worked on those icons. The screenshot below is old, the Device Manager looks much better but you'll have to wait for CE to be released. :D
Device Manager!
I then moved onto changing some miscellaneous MIME type and drive properties icons. I also then changed the logo in syssetup to a CE version along with the taskbar properties bitmaps. I recently finished a bunch of icons ranging from network activity indicators to the volume indicator icon.
The System Tray!
You can probably tell that our work on the icons is no where complete. But we are drawing closer to the end with the icon work.

I've heard that the Community Edition USB drives are still looking for a home. ;) Let's move the React-O-Meter closer to 100%!

See you all later!